PDCA is central to a lot change methodologies:
Why is this? Listen to this podcast to find out.
- People need the skills and training to use PDCA well
- PDCA works best when done in short iterations
- PDCA is a means towards an end. Either in reaching your strategic goals or in your KPI's.
- The culture in the company needs to support learning, experimenting and scientific thinking. If it is not supportive of this yet, it needs to be an explicitly stated goal to become just that.
- The key stakeholders need to be on board with this PDCA approach to improvement.