Lean standardized work is about much more than generating and following work standards. The most important parts often get forgotten drowning out fun, continuous improvement and respect for people. How to do it better? There are some tips in this podcast and also in these blogs:
- Why are work standards not the same as standardized work?
- Why is takt time so hard to do well?
- Why can there be no standardized work without kaizen?
- Introduction to coaching in lean (kata)
- 5s the basics
- The five core lean principles
- Why use kaizen?
When you notice all the attention going to work standards, people feeling dejected and there is no continuous improvement going on please go back to this podcast to help you get back on track. Both you and your people deserve growth.